OK, here's the deal. I am not cool. Everyone that knows me will vouch for me!
The purpose of this blog is more of an experiment, to turn an uncool and very unsociable individual
into the coolest guy on the Google search engine with help from social networking web sites.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Coolest Guy on Google update

Now that I have a semi-cool picture I have started to work on my social network profiles.

I have done a quick Google today and have hit the number 3 spot for "coolest guy on google", minus the quotes.


Also, my feedage site feed came in at number 5!

This is not bad considering that I am not a full-time internet marketer. I have a full time job and plenty of hobbies, plus my extremely busy social life!.....OK, so the social life is a small stretch of the truth, but I am proof that you don't need a fancy marketing degree or have years of search engine optimization training to hit it with Google. All you need is a couple of hours here and there and follow a few simple rules and you will get there every time.

Today, I have been playing around with MySpace, which now has a new interface which seems pretty cool! I have ignored MySpace in the past, but not anymore. I have my new pic up and will be slowly adding new content to saturate the search engines with.

The more links to your site you can get online, the more you can build your brand. I liken this to a dog marking his territory!

This cute dog here will demonstrate my point ;)
He is off on his daily 40 minute walk stopping at about 28 trees to leave his scent on! Now, as soon as he gets home and is curled up asleep in front of an open fire, another dog, say a German Shepperd walks along the same track. The German Shepperd (your competitor), smells the scent then tries to conceal it with it's own.

This does not phase the little dog. Why? Because he is consistent!

The little dog will do the same walk he looks forward to every day and claim what is rightfully his tomorrow!

Moral of the story: You don't need to spend all day pissing on trees.....

.....No, wrong moral. Consistency is the key! If you consistently build your online profile, brand or website, you will reap the rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment